Friday, June 24, 2011

Just some more pictures of my German life

This is my soccer mom car.  Its a stick shift and I hate it!  Driving in Europe in general is so crazy, the roads are small and Germans especially take driving very seriously which means they have no patience for me! Everything here is small and space is limited so this beast is definitely a beast of burden for me.  And it actually has a soccer sticker on the back.  Im missing the Lexus so badly...

This is my hotel!  A huge improvement from my last German spot.  The town I live in has one main road, which runs right in front of the hotel.

My room is on the second floor, the middle 3 windows.  Again, I feel like I really lucked out and am very happy with this spot.  My town is about an hour west of Frankfurt which is great because I have some weekend trips planned flying out of that airport.  One interesting thing about this town is that it has quite a few strip clubs located on the main street, which I guess makes sense with such a large military presence.  So every night around 2 am I hear the sounds of drunken men stumbling back to their hotels...luckily I brought ear plugs with me!  Other than that, Landshul is a pretty mellow town.

No comments:

Post a Comment