Thursday, June 23, 2011

My first week!

After a sad goodbye, mostly sad to leave my little pug, I made the trip from Humboldt to Frankfurt. I guess I should explain why the heck Im even here at all!  MHN is a private company that contracts with the Department of Defense to provide licensed therapists to support military bases around the world.  My title is a Military Family Life Consultant and my job duties are to basically provide addition support to the youth programs on base.  Its pretty fun, and not rocket science.  Most of my time is spent hanging out with kids and going on fieldtrips so I really cant complain. 
My current assignment is June 17-August 27 and my location is in Ramstein Germany which is very close to the France border.  The base of Ramstein is Air Force and is huge.  It also has a huge NATO headquarters so there are a lot of international troops and diplomats.  My specific assignment on base is with a youth center, kids 10-12 years, and a teen center with kids 13-18. 
I am staying in a small town outside of Ramstein called Landshul.  Its very typical for a German town and Im very happy with my hotel.  The little things like having a microwave and 2 English TV channels have made this assignment a step up from my Ansbach 2009.  So far, I have not stopped since I landed in Frankfurt.  I can not wait for the weeked because Im exhausted.  One of the main benefits of this particular assignment is the opportunity to travel throughout Europe on the weekends and that is exactly what I plan on doing!  This weekend I will be road tripping to Luxembourg and will post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment